Final Mile Logistics is seeking a Transportation Pricing Specialist for our Atlanta, GA location. In this critical role, you will be responsible for providing spot rate quotes and pricing proposals for all modes of transportation.
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in pricing for the air, ocean, and trucking market, including customer & commodity trade knowledge.
- Draft, review, and submit rate proposals directly to customers.
- Respond to Request for Quote and spot bid requests.
- Research and analyze tariff, pricing, bid, and contract related issues and information.
- Acts as advisor to Sales on pricing strategies and tactical implementations, ensuring that recommendations have high probability of success and contribute to revenue stream
- Receive, review, process and set rates that meet customer needs and trade objectives, directly work with sales to meet their customers’ rate needs within company guidelines, and gather competitive information.
- Perform analysis of Rate/Cost/Competition for bids and contracts.
- Review and analyze past account performance, costs and revenues to provide suggested avenues for improvement.
- Minimum 5 years pricing experience in the transportation industry (preferably air & ocean freight)
- Familiar/ Expertise with air, trucking, and ocean freight pricing
- Ability to use systematic approach in problem solving through analysis and evaluation or alternative solutions
- Skilled in the use of logic, mathematics and other problem solving tools in data analysis or in generating solutions
- Ability to execute individual business decisions consistent with strategy and make decisions on available information, negotiate and make commitments
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to solve complex problems in Excel and present clear and concise reports based on large amounts of complex data.
- Able to adapt to changing business environment and work in a high paced environment
- Superior problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
Final Mile Logistics (FML) is a global logistics services company with the primary mission of providing US Government and Defense agencies, and their contractors with unparalleled logistics services tailored to their specific needs. FML has proven distribution platforms globally and a history of successfully delivering services into some of the hardest to reach and volatile destinations in the world. As an industry centric organization FML's core competencies include: International Transportation, 3PL, Supply Chain Management, and Logistics Management.
Location/Region: Atlanta, GA